POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : crash PC, not Mac : Re: crash PC, not Mac Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash PC, not Mac
From: D  H  Miller
Date: 2 Jul 2000 22:44:25
Message: <395ffe09@news.povray.org>
The normal on is part of the template that you get inside the MegaPOV Mac
patch. I didn't actually add it; I better ask Mr. Smellenbergh about that.
Yet it runs fine with that statement in the  script on the Mac, but crashes
the PC..
No reason for the version # error; it's also just something that was in my
own template.

Also, thought the accuracy would do it. I too can run 10 frames in a 1 - 10
job. But when I try to run 300 frames, I get an out of memory error; cannot
allocate 2097152 bytes for precompute... Wonder why it doesn't happen when I
only run 10?
Without the precompute statement, it crashes instantly on the first frame...
Thanks for your help on this.
D.

--
dhm### [at] mediaonenet
http://www.casdn.neu.edu/~dmiller
Bob Hughes <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> "D. H. Miller" <dhm### [at] mediaonenet> wrote in message
> | It's the normal on statement. remove and it will not crash on the PC.
Anyone