POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) : Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (1/1)
From: Harold Baize
Date: 29 Jun 2000 17:49:25
Message: <395bc465$1@news.povray.org>
We're much in agreement here, I prefer gray anaglyphs. Don't like the
distorted colors and increased ghosting of "color" analgyphs, but
ocasionally
they're better than the grayscale. Like you said, if the color saturation is
not too high and if there isn't a lot of red in it. It is unfortunate that
publications like Sports Illustrated insist on using the color anaglyphs
even where there is too much retinal rivalry and ghosting. Whenever I make
an anaglyph from a stereo image I try it both ways and 75% of the time I
prefer the gray anaglyph.

Harold