POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) : Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (1/1)
From: Rune
Date: 29 Jun 2000 17:36:34
Message: <395bc162@news.povray.org>
"Harold Baize" wrote:
> I think you did the color separations just right, many people
> have a strong opinion that all anaglyphs should be gray scale,
> but often a "color" anaglyph works.

The image in question has very much gray in it in the first place, so it
works ok. However, with more colorful images it doesn't work if you don't
convert to grayscale first.

If you have a scene with a red sphere in it, it will appear bright to your
one eye, and dark to your other eye. With a blue or cyan sphere it will be
the other way around. You can imagine how a colorful scene may appear
totally different with your two eyes... The most correct method always is to
convert to grayscale first, I think.

Greetings,

Rune
--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,