POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) : Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1)
From: Rune
Date: 29 Jun 2000 12:39:22
Message: <395b7bba@news.povray.org>
"Jeff Lee" wrote:
> It seems to work fairly well if I render two images (one for
> each eye) and combine the red channel of the left eye's image
> with the green and blue channels of the right eye's image --
> is this the proper way to go about doing it (assuming the
> glasses have a red left lens and a blue right lens)?

As far as I know you need to convert both images to grayscale, and *then*
combine the red channel of the left eye's image with the green and blue
channels of the right eye's image.

Yes, you loose all color information in the image, but that's just the way
anaglyph are...

I'm not entirely sure of what I say here, so if anybody knows better, please
tell me.

> Anyway, here's a test anaglyph render I ran last night.
> There's a little bit of ghosting, especially through the red
> lens; does anyone know how to get rid of it, or is it simply
> a byproduct of full-colour 3D images (since the green channel
> isn't completely filtered out by the red lens)?

Probably because the image colors and the colors of the glasses doesn't
match 100%.
I don't know what to do about it, but maybe my above suggestion might help a
little.

Greetings,

Rune
--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,