POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! : Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!!
From: Chris Cason
Date: 28 Jun 2000 23:50:49
Message: <395ac799@news.povray.org>
I'm pulling no punches here. I have no respect for folks who come into this
form and insult us ...

"lavender" <lav### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Computers have been networked not for a long time. The internet is almost
> every where. If programs are not written for networks they might as well
> stay in dos. They will not be of use. Povray is know for doing things that

Fascinating point of view. A non-networked program is not of use ? Wow. I
guess I had better throw out my non-networked version of Photoshop, the
non-networked C++ compiler I use, the non-networked word processor, the non-
networked utilities, and probably 90% of the other software on my machine.

After all, you said they 'will not be of use' and you couldn't possibly be
wrong ... could you ?????

> other programs can not yet. But Povray in all of its power can not even
> brake up the image into chunks and pass those to nodes to render and return

What do brakes have to do with rendering ?

> the part of the image. This IS a simple venture.

Really ? And you're an expert on the subject I see ... how many raytracers
have you written so far ? Can you point me to some URL's or binaries ? I
would like to understand how 'simple' this is by seeing your quality work ...

> Even simpler is to send frames out to different systems.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Come back when you understand
the subject.

> povray team should have already done. I know the program is free but honer
> and pride in work along with integraty should have driven them to write a

Don't presume to tell us what we should do with our time. You have no right
whatsoever to belittle us and suggest that our integrity is blemished because
we haven't done something that YOU think is easy.

We see people like you come along from time to time. They know little but
say much, and presume to insult us because we don't do things that they
want us to.

-- Chris Cason
   POV-Team