POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) : Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Playing around with anaglyph images - topview.jpg (0/1)
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 28 Jun 2000 23:28:11
Message: <395ac0a0.6815753@news.povray.org>
Ever since my office got a copy of the 3D Sports Illustrated Swimsuit
issue, I've been playing around with doing red/blue anaglyph images in
POV-Ray.

It seems to work fairly well if I render two images (one for each eye)
and combine the red channel of the left eye's image with the green and
blue channels of the right eye's image -- is this the proper way to go
about doing it (assuming the glasses have a red left lens and a blue
right lens)?

Anyway, here's a test anaglyph render I ran last night.  There's a
little bit of ghosting, especially through the red lens; does anyone
know how to get rid of it, or is it simply a byproduct of full-colour 3D
images (since the green channel isn't completely filtered out by the red
lens)?

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet        http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/

  "The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality
  is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."