POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Particle blobs - attached files (1/1) : Re: Particle blobs - attached files (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle blobs - attached files (1/1)
From: Rune
Date: 28 Jun 2000 18:53:18
Message: <395a81de@news.povray.org>
Hi Chris!

The particle_system very interesting!

I have some questions:

Is the particle_system frame independent? That is, when animated, is it
relying completely on the clock, and not on saving data between the frames?
Or is it frame dependent, that is, you may not get the same result when you
render an animation with 20 frames and another with 100 frames. I hope it is
frame independent.

How does the collision detection work? Do you have to specify all objects
the particles should detects, or does it automatically detect all objects in
the scene? I hope it detects all objects automatically, maybe with an option
to turn detection *off* for specified objects, rather than having an option
turning detection *on* for specified objects. But I may not have thought
this through well enough...

Anyway, as I said, seems very interesting!

Greetings,

Rune
--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,