POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet more grass : Re: Yet more grass Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more grass
From: Mic Hazelgrove
Date: 28 Jun 2000 11:23:16
Message: <395a1864@news.povray.org>
Yes you are right about the colour. These are experiments and my usual
method is to leave colour to last so that I can get the overall balance
right.
I've just started messing with different pigment patterns and I'm having
real problems creating the right effect. I think its due to the rotation of
the grass blades, when they are side on they virtually dissapear and there
seems to be great holes in the grass. I haven't yet found a combination of
pattern and rotation that works.

Mick

"Bob Hughes" <per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote in message
> This is nice.  What I think it needs though is a larger scale to the
shifted
> directions, more like large waves of wind across it.  As it is here the
> changes are close together.  Of course I'm thinking of fields of hay and
not
> grass so not so sure how that would be different.
> About the colors :-) you could go with more yellow-green or blue-green for
> different grasses, this color seems right in the middle of those, green.
Just