POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireplace picture over fireplace picture [~47KB Jpg] : Re: Fireplace picture over fireplace picture [~47KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireplace picture over fireplace picture [~47KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jun 2000 10:32:27
Message: <395a0c7b@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" <kar### [at] kivisalonet> wrote in message
| Alan Kong wrote:
| > Bob, is it just me or is your
| > image a bit on the dark side? Maybe our gammas are set differently but I
| > lose a lot of detail on the right side of the picture.
|
| I'm viewing it on a calibrated gamma 2.2 monitor and it looks just
| right.
| Maybe right adjustments will bring light
| http://hammer.prohosting.com/~kkivisal/adjust.gif

That crossed my mind more than once while making such a scene with bright
flames and darker surroundings.
It's just a dark scene to start with, being lit only by a very dim light
intended to be something like twilight shining in through a window or
something and the rest is only firelight which didn't brighten things up much.
The "room" is a closed box of approx. 30W by 10H by 18.5D units and fireplace
is 6W by 4H by 5D.
I might be forced to quit the fire changes (getting nowhere but worse) and
begin on the other parts, fireplace tools being one, along with spark screen
and whatever else I might change about the appearance.

Bob