POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water final : water final Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  water final
From: Alberto
Date: 1 Jul 2000 18:43:26
Message: <395E7259.141CAD1C@usb.ve>
I added a sky sphere with clouds, the classical bozo pigment
(don't look at me, I'm getting a red face).

After playing with different settings I arrived to this scene. It
contains only the isosurfce and the sky. The idea is that the light
refracted by the water that hits the camera is simulated from de bright
sky below the isosurface. To make this effect a little more believable I
added some absorption to the interior statement (I have avoided the use
of media).

I couldn't use Blinn highlights because of the ior. I don't know the ior
of ocean water but I tested iors ranging from 1.2 to 1.4 and couldn't
see any noticeable difference. So I choose ior 1.3.

The most unrealistic setting in this scene is the water pigment. Instead
of being completely transparent it's only half transparent.

Originally rendered at 800*600, it took 4.5 hours to render.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'waterf.jpg' (49 KB)

Preview of image 'waterf.jpg'