POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Piano : Re: The Piano Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:17:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Piano
From: ryan constantine
Date: 1 Jul 2000 03:51:05
Message: <395DA226.2736F130@yahoo.com>
overall i like it.
my gamma may be off, but i can't see any edges of the piano.  also,
there doesn't seem to be enough white space around the edges of the
pages and the wall texture... well, doesn't look like a wall.  perhaps a
white wall with a normal similar to real walls might do better.  add
some flex to the rose stem and flatten the rose a little in the
direction of gravity.  i believe the petals would lie closer in the
vertical direction and spread out (as they are) in the horizontal.  the
gold seems to eminate light (ambient on?) instead of reflect it.  these
are all minor but add up.
good models though.  and composition is pretty good.  nothing seems to
be "lined up" as is too common in raytraced images; so good job.  you
didn't use an area light did you?  try one.
i'm eager to see what more you do on this.