POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Piano : Re: The Piano Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Piano
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 1 Jul 2000 00:50:47
Message: <395D7745.C78E6402@skynet.be>
kane wrote:

> Heres a picture I've been working on...thought I'd post it and see what you
> all think...looking for suggestions, opinions etc.

 Interesting -tough quite classical- scene setup.  Improvements ?
I'll say :
 - keys are too long (or too thin), if you have access to a full-size
   keyboard, measure it.
 - use a soft and dim "fill light" in the back, it will help give depth
   and get rid of the undiscerning darkness.
 - add slight reflection to the piano black finish, to get the
   varnished look (use blurred refl. if you use MegaPov)
 - use a better gold texture (there are plenty) for the
   rings, try something like T_Gold4C...
 - scale the scores image_map so a white border appear
   around the staffs, and be careful about the size of the score
   book standing, it seems too small.

I've made a good-looking piano keyboard macro some time ago,
I'll try to find it back and re-publish it here.

Fabien.