POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : xwing, nearing completion... : Re: xwing, nearing completion... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xwing, nearing completion...
From: ryan constantine
Date: 29 Jun 2000 15:32:12
Message: <395BA3C2.CBBD324F@yahoo.com>
you'll see in previous posts that i used the last model produced and
dial calipers accurate to the hundreth of an inch (guessing the
thousandths) as the main source.  i also have about 30 pictures gleened
off the web including some a guy took at the smithsonian.  and last but
not least, i used some books i have and my brother's cd rom.  there were
about a dozen models used in production of the films and no two are
alike.  i therefore had to make judgments as to what i liked the best.
i also compared the movies on vhs.  overall i tried to make things match
the full size version the actors sat in.  there are over 1100 objects in
the model.  i would have to say that i used the videos the most.