POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : xwing, nearing completion... : Re: xwing, nearing completion... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xwing, nearing completion...
From: ryan constantine
Date: 29 Jun 2000 15:24:05
Message: <395BA1DB.B75E55E6@yahoo.com>
the ships don't have any metallic shininess or anything.  they actually
have a lot of "dirt" or whatever all over them.  i'm not so sure it
would be realistic (the air force washes planes right?) but that's how
they were in the movies.  i actually need to add some darker stains as
well.  the models i based my textures on look almost exactly the same as
my image, while another model i have pictures of looks to have been
given liberal sprays of matte black spray paint and is quite dark
overall.  i like the lighter color.  perhaps i should post a comparison
pic next time.