POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poolscape: eval_pattern strikes again : Re: Poolscape: eval_pattern strikes again Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poolscape: eval_pattern strikes again
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 29 Jun 2000 15:12:36
Message: <395B9FDF.51013ECE@unforgettable.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> The basalt columns look too perfect and regular...maybe if you randomly
> translated them some...or you could use vturbulence() or eval_pigment()
> to turbulate the prism points, just make sure they stay in the right
> plane.

They're not basalt, they're just.. columns. The image isn't meant to
look perfectly realistic and natural.

The vturbulence() suggestion is interesting, but I'd have to figure out
how it works first.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"
    -Pink Floyd