POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poolscape: eval_pattern strikes again : Re: Poolscape: eval_pattern strikes again Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poolscape: eval_pattern strikes again
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 29 Jun 2000 15:09:50
Message: <395B9F30.42B84029@unforgettable.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <395B9179.E9C67A7B@aol.com>, STB### [at] aolcom wrote:
>
> > I like the blob-scape. The prisms are too prefect-looking, perhaps a
> > granite normal would look more like basalt?
>
> Also, shouldn't the sand be a gray/black? With those basalt columns
> poking through, it looks like it should have been formed by the rock
> weathering away.

As I imagined it, the sand got there by being blown/washed up against
the columns, so it doesn't necessarily need to match the prisms.. and
for that matter, the prisms were never meant to look like basalt
specifically, just hexagonal columns of some sort. At one point I
actually considered adding caps and making them quartz or amethyst.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"
    -Pink Floyd