POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! : Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!!
From: woormie
Date: 28 Jun 2000 19:32:02
Message: <395A8AF1.91D7229D@acc.umu.se>
daishi wrote:

> ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker) wrote in
> <slr### [at] linuxparkerrfwicom>:
>
> >On 28 Jun 2000 18:40:05 -0400, daishi wrote:
> >>okay, so do it by line insted of by tile. send the first 10 lines to
> >>one comp, next 10 to another, etc. only problem you might run into is
> >>reassembling the images in the right order. pov-ray already supports
> >>this with its resume feature, just no one has written a way to do it
> >>distributedly
> >
> >Same problem.  Believe us, we've actually thought about this problem and
> >it's not as simple as you think.  (Why do I find myself saying that more
> >and more these days?)
> >

> why won't it work? does pov-ray do some kind of image analysis when it
> resumes an image? I've done this with huge renders (say 10 lines one day,
> another 10 lines the next, etc) and I haven't had any problems

If I understand things correctly you don't get the same random seed
every time
you start a render, this leads to the images not fitting together as
nice as
they should, this is very noticable if you are using radiosity. Since
povray
doesn't store the seed it will not be able to make your scene perfect,
if you
are using just antialiasing you might not see it, but try to do some
radiosity
and you should most probably get a somewhat noticable line where you
halted the
rendering, and then resumed.

/Peter Toneby