POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : X--- : Re: X Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X
From: Ken
Date: 28 Jun 2000 18:34:58
Message: <395A7C9B.FB07AE95@pacbell.net>
Frits van Bommel wrote:

> Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3870B84E.5BE798B5@pacbell.net...
>
> > After months of searching I finaly have found an online translator that
> > offers Dutch to English to Dutch translations. Check it out at -
> >
> > http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran
>
> Just wanted you to know: that translator seems to totally ignore grammar. In
> such a short text as you posted above it's not that noticable, but I just
> tried to translate a page from English to Dutch and it's completely
> unreadable. Half the time it doesn't even translate "the" right! (In Dutch
> it has two forms: 'de' and 'het', it is only translated to 'de' by this
> translator)
> Luckily I don't need such a translator but my brother does: when he needs
> some info of the web for school, he wants it in Dutch (he's bad at English)
> and that seriously limits my search.

Yeah, I am aware of its limitations but if you don't understand a
word of Dutch, or any other language for that matter, then it is
better than nothing. You can at least get an idea of what the
content of the message is and fill in the gaps for yourself. Certain
subtleties will be lost but I can live with that compared to the
alternatives.