POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Why does my leopard-Pigment change when switiching to Megapov? : Why does my leopard-Pigment change when switiching to Megapov? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Why does my leopard-Pigment change when switiching to Megapov?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 28 Jun 2000 05:10:12
Message: <3959c0f4$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a mostly transparent leopard-pigment (turbulence 2, frequency 1.01)
on a cone which gives me some spots. When I render the scene in Megapov 0.5a
I get much less spots then in official Pov 3.1g (watcom-compile). I didn't
change anything (not even the version-setting) in the scene file, just  use
Megapov as renderer. Shouldn't it behave like offical Pov when the version
is set to 3.1?

Marc-Hendrik