POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] : Re: Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jun 2000 04:33:22
Message: <3959b852@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in message

| I especially like the brick walls of the fireplace.  Fire itself looks very
| convincing - I don't know much about media.
|
| One thing I miss is the ashes below the grate (is that the right word?).
Maybe
| some isosurface using crackle pattern ...

I'd call it a "grate", yeah.  The high viewpoint of the camera combined with
very low logs is hiding the ashes and hot embers a lot.  There actually is a
'granite', 'crackle', 'granite' pattern there using a 'spherical'
'texture_map', much the same as I did with the log texturing.  I went with
trying to get a reflection off of the outer hearth instead... a mistake I
guess.  Hmm, no one going to mention it's all one-piece slabs around the
fireplace?  Okay by me  :-)

Bob