POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] : Re: Fireplace scene started (marble pattern) [~19KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 06:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireplace scene started (marble pattern) [~19KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jun 2000 04:05:34
Message: <3959b1ce@news.povray.org>
"GrimDude" <vos### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
| Bob, that last post was awesome! :)
| Have you tried to reproduce glowing portions of the wood? I know these
| texture/object definitions get out of hand quickly, but this is SO close! ;)

Thanks, I think it's something seen differently by different people.  It
actually already does have glowing red parts on them, kind of blending into
the flames.  I used a 'spherical' pattern to apply a 'texture_map' of
'crackle' in the central part and 'onion' then 'wood' for the outer parts.
Radiosity is wreaking havoc on the fire and logs causing the textures to all
but disappear.

Bob