POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a different fire (~26kb) : Re: a different fire (~26kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a different fire (~26kb)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jun 2000 03:35:54
Message: <3959aada@news.povray.org>
"Mark James Lewin" <m_j### [at] yahoocomau> wrote in message
| With Bob Hughes posting fireplace pics, I thought I would post a picture
| I did a while ago, using df3 files to shape some fire. Any opinions?

It comes close to looking like miniatures of a big blazing fire I had once
made after clearing some branches and small cedar trees (hated to burn my
cedar trees) because of some tree cutting for a little pond area.  I piled so
much on that it was reaching halfway to the surrounding treetops, probably 30
feet, from all that evergreen stuff for fuel.  Looked quite a bit like your
fire here, except with blurring.
You need the brighter parts to be opaque though, more 'absorption'.

Bob