POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! : Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!!
From: Halbert
Date: 27 Jun 2000 17:54:24
Message: <39592290@news.povray.org>
I bet the memory requirements would be alot more reasonable without the web
browser, but so many things (including the system itsself) use components of
IE, there is little that can be done about that. I Tripled my memory before
I setup Windows 2000. Linux doesn't have the interated web browser ( does
it?) or alot of other little gizmos and dohickeys hanging out in memory.
But when W2k does crash, it also recovers astoundingly well (at least it
seems so when your used to Windows 95).
I like Linux too, but it isn't yet universal enough for me to use it at
home.

> In povray.windows Halbert <hha### [at] capitalnet> wrote:
> : I think I have noticed an improvement to all my 3d applications like
Povray,