POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet more grass : Re: Yet more grass Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more grass
From: Tony[B]
Date: 27 Jun 2000 16:31:08
Message: <39590f0c@news.povray.org>
> I v'e added young Samuals grass to a hf. I'm not happy about the dark
bits.
> I think there are due to the grass being rotated side on.

That's due to the bumps pattern he used. I don't like it much. I'm thinking
of modifying the macro to make this optional and user-definable. (Oh, great,
more parameters. ;)

> BTW this one took 8 and a half hours  - 6 to parse 3 to render.  There are
> 600,000 blades of grass!

Wow... You'd better be careful, your hard drive might give out any minute. I
cringe when mine thrashes for over 1 hour. BTW, I'm going to post an
announcement in .general. Go check it out.