POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] : Re: Fireplace scene started (marble pattern) [~19KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireplace scene started (marble pattern) [~19KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jun 2000 15:10:54
Message: <3958fc3e@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
| Bob Hughes schrieb in Nachricht <3958aeac@news.povray.org>...
| >I had to wonder of your comment Marc-Hendrik, I thought it looked overly
| >blazing already.  The top-near log is burning consumingly seemed to me so I
| >even tried to -- ahem -- water it down.
|
| Hope I get that right :-)
| It seems to me that your fire must burn some time already, because it is so
| bright between the logs. In doing so, it would have fired the hole log from
| 'left to right' and I would suppose there were at least some flames or a
| little glow at the end-'cabs'. Anyway, it is kind of nit-picking and it is
| always easier to criticise.
| My wife just fired up our fire-place and in there it is even so, that the
| logs most of the time don't even burn in the middle but on the edges - but
| we make more 'camp-fire'-like and cone-shaped fires in there. So I really
| don't know if it would be the same with this 'layered logs'.
|
| Hope this was a little bit clearer - if not, just ignore this part of my
| last reply, please :~)

I know what you are saying now, so I won't "ignore"  :-)
I'd have to guess that many times a fire burns only in the middle, non-dry
wood for example.  My knowledge of fireplaces and campfires is probably
average (maybe).
Attached is a new fire using a rotated (and a turbulent) 'marble' instead of
'gradient y' to try and get better variations front to back this time.  I
wouldn't call it a great success.  There are also two 'media' in one
'interior' to get the blue part below, and that needs to be diminished or
changed some.  Next I'll try a density_map instead, that should work out far
better.  This one was very slow to render, being about 1h45m for a smaller
res. and no AA; bad radiosity settings too.
I'm also going to move on to split logs instead of these whole ones.
Surprised no one mentioned that first thing.
Thanks for the comments.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: