POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! : Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!!
From: Rick
Date: 27 Jun 2000 08:21:38
Message: <39589c52@news.povray.org>
> What exactly do you require the programmer to do?

not being a C programmer myself i am not sure, neither am i exactly sure
what state the completed sections of win32 pvmpov are at.

> I might be interested & have a few weeks off now
> I have msvc6sp3 & the msdn lib
> but I am not extremely skilled ;-/

i don't think the povray source code is a good place to learn, i had a look
a while back when i was learning C and decided after 10 mins that there was
not a chance i was going to mess !!

> & only have a single cpu

there is no way you could develop with only one cpu / one machine, you would
be coding blind.

> The msdn lib will help me when it comes to thread functions etc.

sure mdsn is a great help, but you have to remeber - its finding the help in
there which is often half the problem! - the amont of times i have spent
several hours trawling the cd's when all i needed was a simple 'do it this
way' !!!

Rick