POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! : Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Win32 PVMPOV Programmers Needed!!
From: Rick
Date: 27 Jun 2000 08:21:37
Message: <39589c51@news.povray.org>
>   Too bad that Windows9x doesn't support multiple processors. NT supports,
> but I think that the number of NT users are an extremely small percent of
> the Windows9x users.
>   So I think it would be a waste of time.

yes but there is win2000, and in a few years i would suspect that even home
versions of windows will have multi cpu support, while threading may be a
good idea, at the moment it seems like a lot of work with benift for the
few.. mind you once its done, its done so to speak and it is something the
pov team are going to have to look at over the next few years.

Rick