POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] : Re: Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireplace scene started [~39KB Jpg]
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 27 Jun 2000 08:16:01
Message: <39589b01@news.povray.org>
Hi,

the lower part of the fire look quite convincing, I think. Very nice logs!
The fire in front of the logs and the glowing look good.
IMO the actual flames look more like a series of candle flames (or those gas
flames witch should fake a real log-fire - but then they should be more
bluish). The one w/o radiosity is better though (there is some strange
'transparency' in the radiosity flames).
With such a bright and yellow glow in the logs, they should be much higher
and be more 'turbulence' in them (not necessary the povish kind of it). And
I think, the fire should cover the hole wood.

Anyway, I think it is a good starting point for the fire - but with those
rendertimes there is not so much room for try and error, is it?

Marc-Hendrik