POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my planet part 3, several pics : Re: my planet part 3, several pics Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my planet part 3, several pics
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jun 2000 02:48:08
Message: <39584e28@news.povray.org>
Progressing well.  It's as if the clouds (and planet?) are being lit by a
another light, so maybe it's the diffuse from that.  The 3D of the clouds
looks nice.  Maybe Alberto meant 'diffuse' brightness and not 'brilliance' but
that could help too by decreasing the lightness at the terminator while
getting a lighter sun-facing side.  Not sure this would be of help but if you
use larger than rgb 1 color values for the clouds and drop the 'ambient' to
zero (or nearly so) it might do better for the shadow side, and lit side too
for that matter.

Bob