POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes : Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New microversion of MegaPov with big Unix changes
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 26 Jun 2000 19:42:53
Message: <3957EC4B.AA1020BE@mailbag.com>
Peter Popov wrote:

> My question is, will the new Unix addition work for me?

The X display will only come up if you've said you want display.  If you
have display turned off, you're fine.  Do you want to use the ASCII
display in these cases?  If so, running POV-Ray (MegaPov for now)
through a script that nukes $DISPLAY might do the trick.  I'm trying to
avoid the need for users to specify what they want to happen.  Is this
reasonable?

-Mark Gordon