POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPov Mustang - Closeup ~58k BU : Re: MegaPov Mustang - Closeup ~58k BU Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov Mustang - Closeup ~58k BU
From: GrimDude
Date: 26 Jun 2000 05:17:01
Message: <39571f8d@news.povray.org>
> No offense but are the mustangs your own models or a Mesh?   if mesh
> what was the beginning format and if your own how long did it take you
> to get them the way they are now?

Why would I be offended? :)

I don't really understand your question, but...

I created the model in Truespace. I exported the model to .dxf form and
translated using WCVT2POV to .inc form. Separate entities (unions of
triangles) were conserved using this technique. I used MSWord to break the
individual unions into separate meshes. I work infrequently on this model
while 'playing' with various aspects of Pov and MegaPov. It has been a
little more then a year since I started on it. It took less then a day to
create the base form, but I have gone back and changed several things along
the way.

As David pointed out, there are still a few things I could improve upon.
From above and the sides the model is faithful to the original. Modifying
the 'sweep' as the the fuselage took form was not easily accomplished, so I
left some curvatures in place. If, I ever get good enough to use 'pure
Pov'...

I have compressed this conglomerate of meshes and saved a ton of disk space.
I may go back and 'straighten' a few things out before doing the panels, but
then again maybe not.

Grim