POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : country_grass include file example scene (grass.jpg 55k) : trace()ing (~47.3kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  trace()ing (~47.3kau)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 25 Jun 2000 01:19:28
Message: <39559660@news.povray.org>
> Hmmm, so why not use this as a type of fur too?  That seems something it
could
> be if applied via 'trace()'.  If it remains reasonably fast rendering that
> could be a good use also.

Speaking of trace(), I modified country_grass to allow it to adapt to the
contours of the terrain it grows on (i.e. it moves up or down to place its
base at the intersection point on the terrain, just like my modification of
Gilles' grass). Here's an example image...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tracedgrass.jpg' (34 KB)

Preview of image 'tracedgrass.jpg'