POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fishtank (no fish though) : Re: Fishtank (no fish though) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fishtank (no fish though)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Jun 2000 00:32:33
Message: <39558b61@news.povray.org>
"Lee Brown" <lee### [at] prodigynet> wrote in message
| I just finished this little animation (about 113K compressed) which can be
| found at http://pages.prodigy.net/lee_brown.  Look in the animations section
| (it's the only one there right now).
|
| This is not the final render as this was done without AA and radiosity (not
| sure if radiosity will make much difference as the only important light is
| the patch on the back wall and it's not very big, but we'll see).

Well, the table couldn't possibly support that weight without some horizontal
bracing under the top  :-)
It looks okay from what I can tell about it.  The lighting being very uniform
doesn't seem appropriate though, guess that was to show the faked caustics
around the tank bottom better.  Speaking of the bottom of the tank, nothing
shows there, as if just blank.  Wonder how right that is?
Oh, and I just realized that the water actually lowers and raises instead of
only wavering across the top.
I don't see how this would benefit from 'radiosity' either.
If my sister were to see this she'd have to run out to the pet store
immediately and get some fish.

Bob