POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Furry Car (40k b u) : Re: Furry Car (40k b u) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furry Car (40k b u)
From: Alan
Date: 23 Jun 2000 15:55:10
Message: <3953c09e$1@news.povray.org>
Bugs74 <bug### [at] wanadoonl> wrote in message news:39539833@news.povray.org...
> I really like it! I wanna download the Mesh-compressor (I think that's
what
> you used) [snip]

Yup!  Though the full process was:

1.    Converted a .dxf file (83camaro, I think) into a POV-Ray include file
using Thomas Baier's 3DWin.

2.    Spent a while aligning the model - Ron Parker's bounds patch for
MegaPOV is immensly useful for this kind of thing - then textured all the
separate bits.

3.    Made a separate include file which only contained the bits of the car
that would eventually be furry and used Warp's Mesh Compressor to get a
compressed mesh of those bits as *one* mesh.

4.    Fired up MegaPOV, and spent a while messing about with Mr Colefax's
Hair Growth include file (two hours or so) before ending up with the image
that was posted.

I'm happy with the way it turned out, though there are a few bare patches
here and there.  And I wouldn't recommed driving this car at night - the fur
is blocking the headlights.

I would love it for Samuel Benge to have a go at some sort of Isosurface Fur
code.  No disrespect to Chris Colefax, but Samuel seems to be on a roll at
the moment.

Bye.