POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fast Grass (grass.jpg 82 kb bu) : Re: Fast Grass (grass.jpg 82 kb bu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast Grass (grass.jpg 82 kb bu)
From: SamuelT
Date: 23 Jun 2000 13:28:27
Message: <39539F15.833BFFE3@aol.com>
Alan Kong wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:32:39 -0700 SamuelT <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
> >What do you think? Is the grass fast?
>
> What do you think? Is the grass fast?
> Samuel's clouds do cast
> shadows upon his sea of grass, so vast,
> until such time when clouds have passed
> reminding us that forever nothing will last.

It was a valid question. I really don't know if it is fast for grass or
not. It's the fastest I've been able to get grass to render, but perhaps
there are faster ways?

>   Okay, I'm not a poet. How about the source for your grass scene,
> Samuel?

I will, one I get it to look more like grass, and less like green bird
feathers :) Plus, the code is at home, and I am at work right now....

~Sam