POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Motion blur for camera : Motion blur for camera Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Motion blur for camera
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 23 Jun 2000 11:50:44
Message: <39538858.96A3A1FC@altern.org>
Hi - twice today ;-)

	I've seen some requests for a motion blur on camera in MegaPOV,
and Nathan answer it's planed (am I wrong ?). I just wanted to mention
my patch of POV-Ray that implements exactly this effect in a simple
manner. Works fine for relatively small moves, code based on the
focal_blur stuffs.

This is part of my Pov4Grasp patch:

http://altern.org/pov4grasp

I created animations with it, but too big to be posted on p.b.a IMHO
(these are DVD-compliant mpeg2 animations). However, you will find a
single frame there (a back-travelling on spline paths) on

povray.binaries.pictures

under the same subject.

Script was something like this:

camera
{
  *blah blah blah*

  // splines for camera + motion blur statements
  #version 3.0;

  #declare spline_clock = 2*pow(clock,3) / (1+pow(clock,6))
  #include "campath.spl"   location spline_pos
  #include "camlook.spl"   look_at  spline_pos

  #if(clock>0)
    #declare spline_clock = clock - clock_delta
    #declare spline_clock = 2*pow(spline_clock,3) / (1+pow(spline_clock,6))
    #include "campath.spl"   location_prev spline_pos
    #include "camlook.spl"   look_at_prev  spline_pos
    move_factor 0.5
    blur_samples 29
    variance 1/pow(2,10)
  #end

  #version 3.1;
}

Also there's a text document which explains the use, I didn't write any
tutorial for now:

http://altern.org/pov4grasp/download/pov4grasp.txt
(bottom of the file)

*** Nicolas Calimet