POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fast Grass (grass.jpg 82 kb bu) : Re: Fast Grass (grass.jpg 82 kb bu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast Grass (grass.jpg 82 kb bu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 Jun 2000 02:32:35
Message: <39530482.45727539@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
SamuelT schrieb:

> Here's some fast-rendering grass I came up with today.  The whole scene
> (5000 blades of grass, 25001 objects) took only 1 minute, 57 seconds
> with aa on. I'm running an AMD k6-2 500 mhz processor with 128mb ram.
> What do you think? Is the grass fast?
>
> P.S. I rotated and scale the grass according to a hidden pigment to
> simulate wind effects.

Thats's pretty fast, BTW, you are using the same computer as me :-)

A little variation in blade bending would be nice, even though that
would probably destroy the efficiency...

IMO it would also be a good idea adding that eval_pigment construction
to other similar macros.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>