POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 0.5a mesh2 problem (bug ?) : Re: MegaPOV 0.5a mesh2 problem (bug ?) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:15:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 0.5a mesh2 problem (bug ?)
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 22 Jun 2000 23:56:53
Message: <3952e005@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] alternorg> wrote...
> Hi everybody !
>
> I'm posting here a message I've sent to Nathan himself
> about 10 days ago, but for which I had no answer... Maybe it's
> just that this problem is not so important ;-) Anyway here it
> is, slightly modified though:

Sorry.  I've been really busy the past 3 weeks and haven't answered all my
emails yet.  However, I did find the bug.  It only affects the
corner-interpolated meshes.  Meshes that use a solid texture for each
triangle will not have this problem.  The fix involves adding the following
code to Mesh_Interpolate:

  if (m->Trans != NULL)
  {
    MInvTransPoint(EPoint, IPoint, m->Trans);
  }
  else
  {
    Assign_Vector(EPoint, IPoint);
  }

Then later in the same function EPoint is used instead of IPoint.

I hope that you can be patient and wait for a fix, because I'm a bit too
busy right now to release a patched version.  Sorry.

-Nathan