POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Long overdue presentations (~84kau) : Re: Long overdue presentations (~84kau) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long overdue presentations (~84kau)
From: Rune
Date: 22 Jun 2000 18:04:55
Message: <39528d87@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> I give to you my presentations of my eyelogo.

Great! I've been looking forward to this!

> The first one is the classic "pool" version.

Generally nice enough. But is the logo floating on the surface of the water,
a part of the water, or hovering above it? One way or another, try to adopt
the logo better as an actual part of the scene. Also, try to place the
camera slightly at an angle, instead of straight from above. Try a little
more originality, if possible, and try to make it more like a real scene
(maybe more details).

> The second is the "fire/metal" version (ugly, isn't it?).

Generally nice too, but try to add some red or yellow bright light from
below, and try to improve the texture of the logo, and the fire. I know,
it's easier said than done, and if I did an attempt myself it would probably
be a lousy one...

> The third one is my attempt at a "glory" kind of look.

Hmm, the light is behind the logo, and yet it is brightly lit from in front
of it. Maybe try more of a silhouette feel? Also experiment with other
locations for the light.

> The fourth one ("glass") features my complete lack of decent
> control over photons. I need help here.

Nice! This has potential.

> The fifth one is the "furry" version.

Umm, this is... original...
I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Is it a head with a hat in the
middle???
Anyway, keep experimenting with it! Maybe make it part of an actual scene.

> The last one is my "Lightwave" imitation version.

Nice!

If I were to say something general about all your presentations it would be
that they could use some more details, and something that makes them look
more like complete scenes. But everything I write here is my personal
opinion only, of course.

Keep up the good work! :-)

Rune

--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,