POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments : Re: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 21 Jun 2000 21:20:32
Message: <395169e0@news.povray.org>
"Rich" <SrP### [at] mindspringcom> wrote in message
|  Is the 'shape' of the texture looking ok though?  I thought about
| making the 'panels' bigger, but I want the thing to seem huge at first
| glance.  The central (rotating by the way) part is supposed to be a couple
| kilometers long.
|    I'll be putting in some near and far ships to give it scale, by the way,
| but I think it will make it look better if the station can stand on it's
| own.

I wasn't able to determine any sort of scale to it so that says something
about it.  The individual "panels" being so small really suffered in the Jpg.
What I happened to think just now is that a different perspective would help
equally well as having ships and such.  Something of a more oblique camera
view so that the nearest part will appear much closer than the farthest part.

Bob