POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Angle : Re: Angle Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Angle
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jun 2000 15:37:12
Message: <39511967.81FA3BEF@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I'm playing with the angle of the camera (see p.g), I was
> thinking: What is the difference between a small angle and placing the
> camera closer?
> I'm using the standard camera.
>
> Remco Poelstra

That's a matter of perspective, as with a normal photo-camera,
perspective changes , when you change the focal distance/angle.  The
extreme case is an orthographic camera, when all parallel lines in the
scene are parallel on the image too.

You should try the effect using a simple scene with rectangular shapes
in different distances.

HTH, Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>