POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : WinMegaPOV : Re: WinMegaPOV Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinMegaPOV
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 21 Jun 2000 08:32:29
Message: <3950B79F.E2903A63@mailbag.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> > Does the mac config.h define these (I can't read hqx files) & if so why don't
> > other platforms use them
>
> Why? Simple: POV-Ray is a complex software and these macros were added late
> in the 3.1 development and other platform source code was just not adapted
> in time before the 3.1 release.  This happens :-)

(snip)

> > I can't find these UICB macros in the unix src (frame.h et al.)
>
> I do not know why this is the case. Are you sure you are loking at the 3.1g
> Unix source code? It should be in any 3.1.

I was, shall we say, a little out of the loop on 3.1 development ;-).
The 3.1 Unix-specific files (e.g. config.h) neglect to redefine these.
Thus, the Unix version of 3.1 reverts to the defaults defined in
frame.h.  I'm not sure that's a problem, since the Unix version has no
need for UI callbacks at this stage.  Note, however, that the defaults
_are_ in frame.h in the Unix source.

-Mark Gordon