POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds again (desert2.jpg 29kb bu) : Re: Clouds again (desert2.jpg 29kb bu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds again (desert2.jpg 29kb bu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jun 2000 01:35:11
Message: <3950540F.CD430F91@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
SamuelT wrote:

> Hi everyone. Here's the clouds again, this time they get thicker towards
> the horizon, and I 'tightened' the edges a bit. I changed the sun's
> postition, added another light_source, and gave the ground a gravel-rock
> texture. Even with all that, the render time was 2 minutes 45 seconds!
> It rendered faster because I used a polygon instead of a plane for the
> clouds this time.

I think, you can see the ridges in the clouds much better now, I will
have to try it instead of the bozo pattern i usually use.

NTL, the bottom side of the clouds looks a bit flat, some change in the
color map would be worth trying.

I really like the shadows on the terrain, without the clouds it would
look a bit like the pictures from mars.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>