POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Decent Pool Scenes (2 57K pix) : Re: Decent Pool Scenes (2 57K pix) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decent Pool Scenes (2 57K pix)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Jun 2000 13:31:20
Message: <394faa68@news.povray.org>
"CreeD" <meshe@nqi.net> wrote in message news:01bfdada$34261560$9f1ba1d0@mk...
| Closeup of the ball's numbers and pockets.  I had to make the 3 ball glow a
| little to stand out.
| The second is a shot of the sticks.  I've never tried focal blur, but I
| like it. If only my area_light shadows could be made to look smoother
| without 40 lights and a ton of time.
| Comments?

Comment? Okay, why the Bmp files?  They're too small to see well and take up
too much space for the size.  Jpg would have been much better.
I really like the cue-stick render, less the lack of quality anyway  :-)  must
be in need of more samples.
You need to use the 'jitter' keyword, it would seem, for the 'area_light'; try
a 4x4 (more if a wide light is used) array in just one and placed at something
like <0,0,-100> starting with the orientation plane facing the subject to be
lit (<0,0,0>?), i.e. 'area_light <1,0,0>,<0,1,0>,4,4 jitter'.  No need for 40
of them, that's overkill.

Bob