POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Decent Pool Hall scene. : Re: Decent Pool Hall scene. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decent Pool Hall scene.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Jun 2000 13:15:40
Message: <394fa6bc@news.povray.org>
"CreeD" <meshe@nqi.net> wrote in message news:01bfdac8$b6c76b20$9f1ba1d0@mk...
| I think It's not bad for a first serious attempt.  If you could zoom in
| you'd see the chalk has the brand name and the balls are properly numbered.
|  The only problem is that it's kinda style-less.  The code is also pretty
| bad, but it works. Comments?

I'd say that's a "decent" pool table scene alright.  Having made one myself I
know the trouble it can be to put one together.  The floor on the left seems
odd to me too, as was already mentioned, and the green felt cloth being
bright-green, I agree.  Texturing and modeling otherwise looks fine (aside
from the woodgrain direction at the ends too), I think there are so many
variations among pooltables that a person could make most any kind look okay
as long as the modeling works for it.
I can't see in this image whether there is a brand name emblem at the far end
or not; I put one onto mine, a Brunswick pool table.  Also I don't see any
marker diamonds along the sides, a necessity I would think.  I can just manage
to see a cue-stick tip on there though.  The lights seem very near the table
to me, difficult to tell, but about the camera perspective I know it's not
easy to get a table into view along with any part of a room as well and still
see the things on the table fairly good also.
Anyway, I hope you didn't have nearly as much trouble as I did getting the
parts made and together.

Bob