POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : re: feature requests : Re: feature requests Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature requests
From: K  Lasse
Date: 20 Jun 2000 12:30:16
Message: <394f9c18@news.povray.org>
Lutz,

I would be happy to explain some more about the difficulty I've been having
with local coordinates - and the problem may be entirely mine. You see I'm
currently playing around with a windows interface changer - Window Blinds
1.2. This changes the standard buttons, borders and such of Windows to a
variety of fancy options. It looks pretty cool, but it has one minor
difficulty when it comes to Moray. The button (you say its a radio button?
On mine - WInNT4 - its just a regular push-button, such as the standard
"okay" or "cancel" buttons) doesn't give clear feedback as to whether its on
or off. Thus I never quite know whether I'm in regular mode or coords mode.
Like I said, however, this is mostly the fault of Window Blinds. This is why
I'm requesting a more clear differentiation - like a regular radio button -
better yet, a separate tab - to work with the local coords of an object.

BTW, I'm pretty new to Moray - still very low on the learning curve. I'd
seen it in the past, but the animation plugin is what caught my attention
this time. My thanks to you and to Xander for your great work on this
promising feature.

I come to Moray from the CAD world - primarily AutoCAD. There are a ton of
things that AutoCAD can do (with its solid modeling features) - such as
on-the-fly object node snaps - that would greatly enhance Moray if similar
features were added. I would be more than happy to expound on some of these
if you're interested in at least hearing about them. I'm not a programmer,
so I've got little inkling as to the enormity of the task of adding a
"feature" to a complex software package such as Moray - forgive me...