POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Does anyone just use Povray? : Re: Does anyone just use Povray? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does anyone just use Povray?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Jun 2000 13:25:21
Message: <394bb481@news.povray.org>
"PoD" <pod### [at] merlinnetau> wrote in message
| Phead wrote:
| >
| > Hey, Im using Moray, and Ive noticed alot of talk about Pov code. Does
| > anyone just use Povray for modelling? Isn't that pretty hard to visualize?
|
| I tried Moray a few times years ago.
| Only used POV code since.

Likewise here.  I have sPatch and hamaPatch and even a few Zip files of Moray
along with whatever else is in all these Zips, all sitting idle mostly (until
someone asks about them).  I started out on a store-bought modeler called 3D
Design Plus 2.0 years ago but that didn't last.  When I found out about
Polyray, and then POV-Ray, that was the end of the GUI for me.
As far as visualisation goes seems to me there's a lot involved in a modeler
ap too, all that positioning of point vertexes, lines and shapes isn't exactly
automatic you know  :-)

Bob