POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : WinMegaPOV : Re: WinMegaPOV Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinMegaPOV
From: Pabs
Date: 18 Jun 2000 23:02:27
Message: <394D8D71.42B5626F@nospam.hotmail.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Just use the UICB_xx family of macros, no need to define a new one. See
> frame.h to find out more about the macros, and use a multi-file search to
> find out where they are used in the source.

These UICB_xxs are all very well but
2 probs
1.
Of the src I have looked at (win, dos, unix, linux) none of the config.h
files
define these and so they all resolve to nothing in frame.h like so
#ifndef UICB_PARSE_ERROR  /* Alert UI that a parse error occurred */
#define UICB_PARSE_ERROR
#endif
Does the mac config.h define these (I can't read hqx files) & if so why don't
other platforms use them

2.
Even if they were defined there is no define corresponding to the
WIN_WhereError function - just the following 4 defines
UICB_PARSE_ERROR  /* Alert UI that a parse error occurred */
UICB_USER_ABORT  /* alert UI that user aborted the render */
UICB_OPEN_INCLUDE_FILE  /* alert UI that an include file was opened during
parse */
UICB_CLOSE_INCLUDE_FILE  /* alert UI that an include file was closed during
parse */
so maybe a define of UICB_WhereError could be added in config.h & frame.h to
alert the UI of where in the file the parsing error occured
& in Where_Error this funcion could be called
Only WinPOV calls this kind of function

I can't find these UICB macros in the unix src (frame.h et al.)

Anyway just for the hell of it could Nathan PLEASE add the call I mentioned
in my previous post to the next version of WinMegaPOV - even if it is just
for the compiled binary.

Pabs