POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tyre macro preview + question : Tyre macro preview + question Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Tyre macro preview + question
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 18 Jun 2000 17:05:11
Message: <394D396A.F3249A78@club-internet.fr>
A sample from the current work, which is a megapov macro to make tyres
(1st pic) with isosurfaces given the shape of the "sculptures" (en ?) as
a png bitmap (2nd pic).

Now I have a problem. The lateral parts of the tyres are made with
lathes, and I would like to connect them smoothly to the deepest part of
my isosurface, which is a 4th degree profile. I know the tangent to my
profile, and need to keep the same on the lathe. So my question is: what
is the slope of a cubic_spline lathe profile at one of its control
points?

TIA.
--

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tyre4.jpg' (45 KB) Download 'tyre4.png' (16 KB)

Preview of image 'tyre4.jpg'
tyre4.jpg

Preview of image 'tyre4.png'
tyre4.png