POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : some math : Re: some math Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some math
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Jun 2000 14:27:57
Message: <3949202d@news.povray.org>
If I understand that right then you want acceleration.  Thanks to Chris
Colefax and his  ClockMod.inc  I can show you that as being: pow(mclock, 2 *
clock_strength)  where 'mclock' is 'clock' and 'clock_strength' is simply how
much more or less of a rate change you want (1 being default).
There's also another that might do okay: sin((mclock - .5) * pi) / 2 + .5
which starts slow and goes quickly at midrange then levels off.
Best thing you could do is to get that include file at:
http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/  or get the macro version of it.

Bob